Watch this video tutorial to see how to create a giant spider web with rope and bolts. To make this giant Halloween spider web effect, you'll need a bunch of rope, a frame and 24 eye bolts. You can use this technique to weave a spider web at any scale, as long as you have an even number of at least 24 points to fasten to, around four sides.
In this video, 200 feet of 1/4" rope is used, along with a strong-but-lightweight frame with four sections of 3"-diameter PVC pipe from a hardware store (you can use larger PVC pipe or wood).
(4) 7-foot lengths of 3-inch PVC pipe
(4) 3-inch PVC pipe elbow joints
(20) 3/8"-diameter x 3-inch long eye bolts
(4) 3/8"-diameter x 4-inch long eye bolts (for elbow joints)
(24) washers, 1&1/2"-diameter with a 3/8" hole
(24) locking nuts (with the plastic liners)
PVC pipe cement (if you cement an elbow to each pipe, you can disassemble your frame)
(2) 50-foot lengths of 1/4-inch solid braid cotton sash cord (clothesline)
(1) 100' length of 1/4-inch solid braid cotton sash cord (clothesline)
Power drill with 3/8" bit
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.