Watch this video tutorial to see how to create a giant spider web with rope and bolts. To make this giant Halloween spider web effect, you'll need a bunch of rope, a frame and 24 eye bolts. You can use this technique to weave a spider web at any scale, as long as you have an even number of at least 24 points to fasten to, around four sides.
In this video, 200 feet of 1/4" rope is used, along with a strong-but-lightweight frame with four sections of 3"-diameter PVC pipe from a hardware store (you can use larger PVC pipe or wood).
(4) 7-foot lengths of 3-inch PVC pipe
(4) 3-inch PVC pipe elbow joints
(20) 3/8"-diameter x 3-inch long eye bolts
(4) 3/8"-diameter x 4-inch long eye bolts (for elbow joints)
(24) washers, 1&1/2"-diameter with a 3/8" hole
(24) locking nuts (with the plastic liners)
PVC pipe cement (if you cement an elbow to each pipe, you can disassemble your frame)
(2) 50-foot lengths of 1/4-inch solid braid cotton sash cord (clothesline)
(1) 100' length of 1/4-inch solid braid cotton sash cord (clothesline)
Power drill with 3/8" bit
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades